Blended learning – what is it?

The Community of Inquiry Forums Blended learning introduction Blended learning – what is it?

This topic contains 16 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Dan McGuire Dan McGuire 9 years, 11 months ago.

• Author
    Norm Vaughan
    Key Master

Hi Everyone,

Please take a moment to share your initial thoughts and insights regarding the following 3 questions:

1. What is your definition of blended learning?

2. What do you think are the opportunities of a blended approach to learning?

3. What are some of the challenges with blended learning?

4. How do you think you could apply a blended approach in your school, workplace, and/or institution? Looking forward to reading your responses!!

Take care, Norm

Dan McGuire
      Participant

Well, Anders Norberg calls it A Boy Named Sue. The slide show where he explains why he thinks that the label is not all that useful is linked near the bottom of this post.http://developingprofessionalstaff-mpls.blogspot.com/2014/05/blended-hybrid-learning-exists-now.html

If you follow some of the links in the above post you’ll see that I’ve been thinking about blended/hybrid learning for a few years. When I initially started teaching ‘blendedly’ I wasn’t thinking of a label. I was just using the tools at hand that worked for my students.

Continuing to ask and answer the question will be fruitful for years to come, I think.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.