CoI PD

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Colin Madland Colin Madland 9 years, 9 months ago.

• Author
    Kyleigh Harrell
    Participant

Hi, everyone! I am interested in the Community of Inquiry as a topic for my dissertation. I want to do a professional development module with a group of 9-12 grade online teachers on the Community of Inquiry. I then plan to survey them (and a group that didn’t receive the training) to determine if their self-efficacy and their effectiveness for teaching online improved. Dr. Garrison and Dr. Dyjur directed me here. I have two questions:

1. Do you have any material that you could share or would recommend for professional development?
    2. Do you have a validated tool to measure teacher effectiveness after they have received the training on CoI?

Thank you for your time and help!

Kyleigh Harrell

Colin Madland
      Participant

Hi Kyleigh,

I’m in a bit different boat from you, but we are likely travelling in the same direction…

I’m developing a PD series for online faculty in higher ed based on the CoI. I’d like to develop 3 self-paced courses (4-5 weeks each) with each one focussed on a different ‘presence’. I’m in the very early stages of development, but you can have a look at what I’m doing at https://kumu.tru.ca/Course:OL_Delivery.

I’d be interested in chatting more with you about what materials you find and especially if you find a validated measurement tool (that seems like a tall order…).

All the best,
      Colin

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.