New member seeks feedback on research idea

The Community of Inquiry Forums CoI Research – Discussion Forum New member seeks feedback on research idea

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar of Steven White Steven White 8 years, 10 months ago.

• Author
    Steven White
    Participant

Hi everyone

I’m thinking about starting a research project which uses the CoI to investigate interaction patterns and social forms of participants in MOOCs.

I’d like to use CoI content analysis (and perhaps other non-CoI tools) to compare levels of presence in the discussion forums of FutureLearn MOOCs. FutureLearn MOOCs are organised as weekly sequences of learning activities (steps), and each particular step has an unthreaded discussion forum at the end. These forums are often quite active (with thousands of comments from participants).

I’m interested in trying to compare the possible impact of the content/design of certain steps on levels of presence in particular forums (as determined by analysis and comparison of particular discussion forums).

Does this make sense? Can I apply CoI analysis as a way of comparing presence in particular ‘bits’ of a course?

Any comments much appreciated.
    Steve

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.